Sarasota County DeSoto Acres Community Meetings- Important for all to attend
Community Meetings Location:
Longwood Run Community Center
6050 Longwood Run Blvd, Sarasota, FL 34234
– Land-Use / Long Range Planning – Mon, March 4th, 2019 – 6:00pm
– Environmental Protection – Wed, March 13th, 2019 – 6:00pm
– All Things Transportation – Wed, March 27th, 2019 – 6:00pm
– Safety / Traffic Enforcrement – Wed, April 10th, 2019 – 6:00pm
– Lockwood Ridge Corridor Critical Area Plan (CAP) – Wed, April 24th, 2019 – 6:00pm
Rolling Green Rezone County Commission Hearing – Wednesday, April 24th 2019
Time to be scheduled by Sarasota County
The petitioner is requesting approval to rezone the subject property from RE-2 to RSF-2 to allow for the redevelopment of the subject property as a new in-fill residential development including a combination of detached and attached single-family homes. All existing structures are scheduled to be demolished.
Please write to the Planning Department by Friday, April 12th to express your concerns and / or opposition to the proposed density increase. Email Planner @scgov.net and cc the County Commissioners.
Plan to attend the Wednesday, April 24thHearing to voice your concerns or just show up Having strong resident representation carries a lot of weight on the Commission decision.
NOTE: This hearing is on the same day as the “Lockwood Ridge Corridor Critical Area Plan” Neighborhood Meeting at 6:00pm.
DeSoto Acres Association Spring Clean-up
Saturday, April 13, 2019
Meet at 2927 59th St. – 7:30pm